Sunday 1 April 2012

Rainbow Artichokes

As you have probably read I was lucky enough to take a workshop with Eva Ehmeier recently and learnt how to make her fabulous artichoke pendants.  For my earrings for this week, week 12 for me,  in the 52 pairs of earrings a year challenge I decided to have a go at making rainbow artichoke earrings.

Rainbow Artichoke Earrings Week 12/52

Off course I had to make a pendant to match!

Rainbow Artichoke pendant bottom view

Rainbow Artichoke pendant side view
They take quite a while to make, there are over 60 'leaves' in the pendant, choosing to make the 'leaves' in 8 colours was quite ambitious!

We have been having some lovely sunny weather recently which has been glorious, I hope you have had some too!

4 comments:

  1. They look fabulous Cara!!!! what a great idea to use rainbow colours!!! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you did so good. That is a huge job - and it is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're gorgeous! (And well worth the effort, I would say *G*)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you