Friday 18 May 2012

Little dragon

So as I mentioned in my last blog post I treated myself to  some books one of which was Christi Friesen's Dragon book.I made my first dragon, which is a largish pendant,  with some left over bits of some of my other projects, thinking it might look interesting.


Well I didn't like the look of it but never fear - Christi Friesen comes to the rescue again with Swellegant!  
a metal coating. I will do some more playing about with it and let you know more about it another time.

The little guy got a coat of bronze. Much more elegant ;) He's made from Kato clay but he has Fimo Glow in the Dark eyes - I love to give creatures glow in the dark eyes - so they can watch you at night ;)

I'm really pleased with how he turned out. I love the style of Christi's  book it's step by step but also lots of alternative suggestions which enables you to develop a creature of your own easily.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing! Adding the Swellegant has completely transformed the Dragon hasn't it? Although I am not completely sure what Swellegant is yet (I am on a very steep learning curve with all this polymer clay...hee hee). I shall have to look up Christi Friesen she sounds very interesting!

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the Swellegant from Cara?? It looks amazing - I love Christi Friesen's stuff

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you