Friday 29 July 2011

Design Seeds colour Palettes

I love Pinterest. The best thing about it is it doesn't take too much time, I can use it to file away pictures I want to see again and I can have a quick flick through to see what everyone else has come across but (so far) I haven't spent half my day sat there playing with it.

I came across a new web site today, courtesy of a pin by the amazingly talented Zuda Gay Pease called design seeds. It's a collection of beautiful pictures and the  corresponding colour palettes.  Here's one I particularly like.

I am trying to be more organised and co-ordinated in my creating so I might have a hunt around to find some funky colour schemes to play about with. Although of course I should be trying to keep up with the colour palette challenge on flickr, not been doing very well with that recently.  I've got some new creations to show you, and some I can't show you just yet. Watch this space.
I'm also excited about going to the London Polymer Clay Group meeting this weekend.
have a colourful day!
Cara x

4 comments:

  1. Cara, Thank you for the mention! Design Seed is fabulous! Thank you for kind comments on my work, I appreciate them so much! If you enjoy Design Seed you will enjoy this little tool as well. You can put the url of a photo and it will give you a dull and a vibrant color palette from the colors it sees in the photo. So fun!

    blessings, Zuda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...just went to check it out! Thanks for sharing that Zuda and Cara!! Now I have another place for checking out color palettes! 8D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this one before. It looks like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell from your lovely work that you enjoy COLOUR and this is a fabulous resource. Thanks for sharing it!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you